Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First B&H Package Cont.

4th Shot: I attached my Nikon SB-400 flash to compare the difference between a pop up flash and an external flash attachment.

5th Shot: I put the soft box over the flash attachment.

6th Shot: For this last shot, I wanted to see how much better a natural photo would look compared to one that is lit by flash. This shot was taken using these settings: 800 ISO, f/2.8, 1/20 shutter speed.

I like #6 better, because it looks more natural. However, the colors are a bit washed out, and with a shutter speed of 1/20 I couldn't shoot anything that wasn't moving. Keeping in mind that most of my subjects are wiggling to the max #5 is probably the way I'd go.

But let's put it this up for a vote. Readers, what do you think? Which shot do you like best?

3 comments:

Carol said...

I liked #5 the best

Catie Cutshaw said...

i like #6, #4, then #5.... they all have a different style. It's cool that the flash could change it that much!

Poet4Him77 said...

I like #5 for the detail of the green ball, however #6 is my favorite. As you said, it looks the most natural. Good job!